Top Social

My No Nonsense News Years Resolutions.

Thursday 31 December 2015
 Its been a good 2 weeks since writing anything for my blog and I'm glad I really took the time off to chill and gather my thoughts over Christmas. I am certainly refreshed and ready to kick start 2016, so I want to do a post about my very real new years resolutions that are not part of my blog (I will be writing a blog specific one if that interests you) and talking about the real nitty gritty stuff that needs doing.




First off, I really need to get my teeth sorted out. I haven't been to the dentist in years and my whole mouth situation is a mess, I've been putting it off for a while and I think this year I really need to bite the bullet (not the dentist) and get them sorted. I am aware this is going to be a lengthy process and a painful one, for me and for my wallet but it's something I really want to get done, once and for all.


Secondly is exercise, I've pretty much lost all the weight I've wanted to over the past year or so and I'm finally at a place where I am happy with the way I look but I'd really like to feel healthy too, from in the inside out. I've already pretty much sorted out my diet, it's much better than it's ever been but I feel like I need to sort my exercise routine out. I did hit the gym for a good 4-5 months at one point and I was enjoying my weights but I never found that one exercise that made me love exercising. So this year I want to try Yoga and Pilates and probably some other stuff and see if any of these things work for me.


Thirdly, pick a god-damn wedding venue and book it. This is a pretty big one. Its hard to decide on for obvious reasons, we need something nice and local but something cheap but then something that is a little 'different' and not the bog standard stuff. So as you can see, finding a venue is a minefield. This is something that 100% needs to be done in 2016 though, I'm sure I'll be blogging all about the wedding prep stuff when it eventually kicks off!


Then lastly, I really want to learn to save a butt tonne of money. The last 6 months I've been squireling away money for the afore mentioned million things that cost money, but this year I really want to be that one person that makes her money go as far as possible. I need to stop spending my money on rubbish, no more expensive lunch's that can be bought and made at home for much cheaper, no more wasting money on pointless make-up/beauty etc purchases that make you feel good for 5 minutes but then sit on the shelf forever more. I want to learn to really appreciate the things I buy and not just be the person that has a lot of materialistic stuff but no-one to show it to, you know what I mean?


Those were my very real new years resolutions, all of which are very achievable if I put my mind to them and stop being a big wimp, especially the dentist one.

I'd really like to know what your new years resolutions are, so please let me know in the comments!

Wish you love, health and happiness in 2016,





9 comments on "My No Nonsense News Years Resolutions."
  1. I definitely agree with the money saving one!! For the last 3 years I've been relying on my student loan but that's coming to an end in May, so I need to think sensibly about saving money and getting a job! Good luck with your goals and all the planning for your wedding :)

    Katie from lifeof-a-daydreamer.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga and pilates are great. You shoul check out blogilates on youtube if you haven't allready done that.
    After losing a lot of weight in the begining of the year and then going back to my normal heathier wieght I really need to re-build my muscles so I will be starting pilates again too./Ida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not bite the dentist, Tarnya...I'm totally not chuckling away at that! My boyfriend hasn't been the dentist for years and I keep mentioning it but he's not having any of it. I'm totally coming to your wedding FYI. Thanks. Bye lol.

    Happy New Year, babe, hopefully it's a fab one and here's hoping we get to meet in 2016 :)

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the whole be less materialistic resolution of yours to save money and be more appreciative. It is nice to get new things but there isn't much point if you're not grateful for it and have nothing to show for it. The others are pretty standard. Hope you find a great venue for your wedding and all the best for 2016.

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list of resolutions! I need to get back to the dentist too but unless something drastic happens, it's going to wait. My husband and I are going to working to get healthier - he had some alarming bloodwork this past week, so we're on an overhaul to get ourselves together.

    As for my own personal resolutions - the biggest one relates to my blog. I'm completely rebranding, and I have a ton of ideas about what all of that is going to entail. I'm daunted by the amount of work, but I'm excited at the same time. I'm also hoping that we wind up debt-free by mid-year and can begin some improvements to our home in earnest. ;)

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go to the dentist too, it's been years. Luckily I haven't had problems but would love the hygienist to give them a little blast. Maybe I should do this too?
    Also, wedding venue - have you thought about a local village hall? We did this and we had free reign of whatever we wanted to do - plus it was so much cheaper than doing it through a hotel or proper wedding venue. I have lots of posts about the wedding or just have a chat with me over Twitter.
    I hope 2016 is kind to you ❤️
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to exercise too - I want to feel fitter and more body confident. I adore the dentist, so I hope you manage to get your teeth sorted. Best of luck with all your resolutions xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the only classes that made me love exercise is spinning. I do hope that you find a lovely wedding venue and I look forward to reading about all the planning. This year for me saving money is a very big thing as we are trying to buy somewhere and everything costs so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh! Saving money is something I definitely need to do. I've started to ask myself the whole 'Is it worth it? Do I need it? Can I wait a few months and buy it then?' shpiel but usually always end up just impulse buying regardless. Best of luck with your resolutions, especially with picking a wedding venue!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete