Top Social

Christmas at Chatsworth House.

Friday 18 December 2015
Yesterday Nick and I took a little drive to Chatsworth House, we'd been here before and loved it and always heard good things about the themes they run each Christmas. We were planning on going last year but somehow never got around to it, so this year it was something I made sure we did. 


The theme this year is Wind in the Willows, a book about woodland creatures and the famous Mr.Toad, I won't go into details, although I'm sure some of you remember it from your childhood. So although the theme wasn't amazing it was still cool and we booked tickets to go.
Because we went on a Thursday afternoon it wasn't very busy at all, so it was quite nice to stroll around at your own pace and take photo's without too many heads in the way!

I'm going to insert some pictures now, I don't want to talk too much about it all incase some of you are still planning on going!







The library has always been my favourite room in the house, even better with christmas trees in! :)
I, personally, think this is no-where near worth the money you pay to get in, at a whopping £23 each. Nick has never heard of Wind in the Willows and the quotes they have around really don't tell much of a story or help you understand what is going on. The house was done up lovely, we like the house anyway so Christmas themed makes it better! But we also were excited for the Christmas market, which we were told on arrival was only here in November, that's right, a Christmas market not on around Christmas, hmmm, could have mentioned that clearly on the website, right? So after a walk around the grounds a bit and paying for a very overpriced cup of hot chocolate, we were quite disappointed with it all. 

To be honest I think my favourite part was a section at the end of the tour where you could write little tag cards and hang them on the tree's. So many well wishes and messages of love made me a little emotional to be honest! It was a really sweet addition. 


Although it cost so much money, I'm still glad I went and did something Christmassy just the two of us, we've at least learnt our lesson for next year and won't be spending £50 to see it, unless the theme is amazing.

I can't believe its just under a week till Christmas, time has flown by hasn't it? I hope you are prepared and getting into the festive spirit. Until tomorrow, love,


2 comments on "Christmas at Chatsworth House. "
  1. I used to love the Wind in the Willows, a childhood favourite of mine. The price of entry though... Woahhh. It does look like a beautiful place though but I know I'd never pay that much for something like that! Your pictures are fab, very festive. xx

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha wow that is expensive entry, but the house looks beautiful!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete