Top Social

My festive home!

Wednesday 2 December 2015
It wouldn't be Christmas without a little tour of my decorations! It turns out taking pictures of a tree with lights on is really hard, so I apologise for the standard!

This year I've tried to go quite minimal and Scandinavian, so wood, animals, fabrics, so I haven't gone full on OTT with decorations and I really can't stand tinsel. We've moved to quite a large house and I plan on doing something to the dining room when I get around to it but I've condensed my decorations to the living room. So carry on scrolling to see my set up!



I've never put candy canes on the tree before but they suited my red and white theme and fill out the tree without taking up too much room. These I got from Tesco online.


Then I went for some cinnamon sticks, I think these make the tree look really rustic and sweet, they don't smell which makes me sad but I like the way they look, especially with the little patterned bow around them! Again ordered from Tesco online. 


Then for baubles we decided to stick to red, these ones come in a mix of sizes and in either glittery or smooth/shiny. I really like these, specially the glittery ones, they look so festive! I again, ordered these from Tesco online and I was really annoyed that half of them were broken, but we didn't use all of them on the tree, so I guess it's alright. (I think I'm still going to complain).


Then this is my fireplace :) This area looks much more minimal and rustic, lots of wood, fabric and greenery!


This gorgeous reindeer is probably my favourite thing ever. How cute is he? I really wanted some kind of wooden animal but getting big ones are SO expensive and I stumbled across this little fella on Etsy. I just love this, it looks really rustic and Scandi and is quite different for decorations, I've never seen any thing like this before! 


Then I ordered this long piece of holly type thing, which when it arrived was just plain green, which looked nice but I thought it would look better with some berries on. So I searched the net and found these frosted looking berries on Ebay, so I've placed them all along it and it looks much better!


Then I ordered a plain candle, I thought this little wooden wrap around made it fit in with all the other wooden bits and bobs, so I can't wait to have this lit with all the lights on!


This is another piece I really love! It's a Scandi style, rustic style wooden Christmas tree from Wilko's. Again it's like nothing I've seen before and reminds me of drift wood you find on the beach. I just think this light wood colour goes really well with the dark green and reds of Christmas time. 


I bought 2 of these hessian fabric stockings from Wilkos to hang on the fireplace, again, thought the colour and fabric brought the whole look together.  


Then last but not least is this little robin! He was about £2 from Wilko's but I thought it was so sweet all wrapped up in his scarf all cold, just a cute little piece to add to everything. 


So that was my rather detailed Christmas decs in my living room, I hope you like them and have seen something different! I love my new pieces so much and I'm so glad I spent time searching out things I hadn't seen anywhere else, makes it feel like my decs are a little bit special.

Until tomorrow!


4 comments on "My festive home!"
  1. I love the cute candy canes! There so adorable! Your home looks so festive!xx

    Amy | lipstick and the girl
    Lipstickandthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this is super cute!! Your Christmas decorations are awesome! I love the smell of cinnamon haha xx Thanks for sharing <3 would love to explore more of your blog!
    Mind checking out our blog also? We are very passionate but new to this.
    http://bloggerstaste.wix.com/bloggerstaste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks so festive!! I can't wait to start decorating but we are going away this holiday so decorating is going to have to wait until we get to our final destination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have some lovely pieces for decoration :) love the little wooden animals, very charming :) x
    Shannon Grace || bubblesandfresh.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete