Top Social

Looking back at 2015.

Tuesday 15 December 2015
So 2014 was a pretty dull year and I decided that 2015 was going to be a much better one, after all, your life is what you make it. It turns out 2015 was pretty fucking awesome. So I thought I'd do an overview of all the awesome things that happened to me in 2015.





At the start of the year we decided to start looking for a house to buy, this was pretty unplanned, we were kindly offered by Nick's family to borrow the money for a house deposit and we were fed up of wasting money on renting. So we started the very exciting process of finding a place we loved enough to live for the next however many years!!

Although we fell in love with a couple that fell through, we eventually found our gorgeous house and started the very long process of making it our own!

~

The spot where Nick popped the question! 



Then in April we went on holiday to Cyprus with Nick's family because his mum was retiring to live out there. It was a huge family holiday with plenty of food and drink and adventuring and we got engaged. This sounds really lame but I never imagined myself getting married and it suddenly became a part of my life plan. I am so excited about getting married and I can't wait to start planning I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

When we got back from our holiday, we finally signed the papers to make the house our own and then we started the waiting game before moving in!

~

In May I decided to start blogging, I'd always had a artsy style blog when I was at uni. I always write things down and make lists and notes, so this seemed like a natural step for me. I'd also just started my obsession with following YouTubers and blogs online so I just wanted to be part of the cool gang. I would never have thought what adventure was awaiting for me!

~


During the summer we moved out of our apartment and into a bloody massive house. Moving was surprisingly painless, very quick and easy, so we've spent the last few months getting the house together and sorting things out. We found a lot of things were broken in the house that needed replacing or fixing, which is very frustrating and quite costly. So we are finally getting there with things and we now have a lovely warm house after fixing the boiler. I'm excited about having a project to make the house our own.

~



I finally got to go to the Harry Potter studio tour for my birthday! I've been wanting to go here for absolutely AGES and Nick won the ultimate fiancé award by surprising me with tickets. It was genuinely one of the best days ever, I really recommend it for any HP fan.

~

Then I finally got around to meeting some other bloggers towards the end of the year and met some amazing people. I honestly never thought when I started blogging that I would meet other bloggers in Sheffield that I would now call my friends and go to awesome events and fun things together with them. It makes me so happy and I can't wait to see what next year adventures bring!

~

So yeah, 2015 has been a pretty busy year, lots of pretty 'adult' things happened this year, buying a house, getting engaged, it's a little scary but super exciting. I can't wait to spend our first Christmas together in our own home, mental.


So onwards and upwards for 2016. Hopefully we should get our wedding venue booked and start the process of the wedding planning all whilst getting the house how we want it! I genuinely can't wait and best of all, share it with all you lovely people!

I think I'm going to make a post of 2016 goal before the year is out, so pop back for that!

Until tomorrow,




3 comments on "Looking back at 2015. "
  1. That sounds like an amazing year! I'm very jealous that you got to go to Harry Potter Studios, I've heard it's really cool. Can't wait to see what you get up to in 2016!
    Steph x.
    marvelsteph.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a great year! I'm so jealous you got to go to the Harry Potter studio tour, I'd kill to have a look round! xx

    Kimberley // thecolourchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life is what you make of it is definitely the motto for 2016 that I'm going to try my damn hardest to work! I bet making the big house your own little home and working on making it homey and yours together was fun! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete