Top Social

Current favourite lipstick

Sunday 14 June 2015
Recently when doing my make up I've been noticing that something has been missing from the overall look. I do occasionally wear lipstick but I generally like really low maintenance make up so touching up lippy all day long really doesn't appeal to me.

However, the more I watch Essie Button on YouTube, the more it's inspiring me to try out some new brighter lipsticks. She wears very bright, colourful lipsticks and she looks gorgeous, it really is flattering with her skin tone and hair colour and as my life goal is to be her, I thought I'd give some new lipsticks a go. I think since dyeing my hair brown I can pull off a more colourful lip without washing me out completely, as I have a very pale skin.

Apologies about the bullet, it's a mess and I have no idea why.
I had a look through the quite small MAC lipstick stash and found that I had a coral coloured lipstick that I can't even remember buying. It's called See Sheer and I'm basically obsessed with this lipstick now, it's not overly coral but subtly bright enough to brighten my face. Its the Lustre formula, which is defiantly more sheer, but can be built up for a bolder colour, most of my lipsticks from MAC are the Lustre formula actually, so I must like them!

This was 2 or 3 layers so can be worn much sheerer.
As you can see it's a soft subtle colour but really helps brighten up the face :)
So as you can see it's a very lovely coral colour that isn't massively in your face. It gives my face a good flush of colour and I've found it's bought the whole make up look together. I'm wearing Pinch o' Peach MAC blush on my cheeks which really compliments the lipstick I think. Can't get enough of this very summery fresh faces look!

Let me know what you think and if there are any lipsticks that you think I might like! I'm excited to explore some new colours!
 :)


18 comments on "Current favourite lipstick"
  1. The lipstick looks amazing on you, good choice. :) Mac does really good lipsticks and with some amazing colours. I have a light brown one that I love for daily things. :)

    Much love x
    Catarina / ohkori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to try out bolder lips now, god help my bank balance!

      xx

      Delete
  2. That colour definitely suits you! Loved reading this post <3

    Much love,
    Lauren "Sweetened Sour" O'Hara
    http://lauren-ohara-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this colour, I love lustering which is a really nice pink

    Emma emhasrednails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo thank you, i'll have a look on the MAC website for Lustering.

      xx

      Delete
  4. Looks gorgeous!

    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This colour looks great on you ! Defiantly see it as a fun summer colour. I love MAC lipsticks , they have such a gorgeous range http://bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) I know the next time I head into MAC my bank balance is going to take a serious hit due to lipsticks! xx

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of this shade before and I have an obsession with MAC lipsticks! This looks lovely on you and really suits you! I have a similar MAC lipstick in the shade Dreaming Dahlia which you may like! x

    www.lucindafreya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll take a note of the one you mentioned for next time I nip into the Mac store! :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. That's a beautiful colour! I think you would suit Brave, it's a rather sheer finish but can also be guilty up to be more dark in colour, but is a lovely soft pink, "your lips but better" sort of colour, and it looks really nice on pale skin. I have rather pale skin and it's one of my favourite shades along with the amazing Velvet Teddy!

    Ashley | hiyaitsashley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley!

      Thanks a lot for the recommendation I will put it on the list of lipsticks to check out next time I'm in store, it's getting longer! Haha.

      Thanks for the comment sweetie :) xx

      Delete
  8. This is such a beautiful colour and looks like a perfect way of subtitling wearing colour on an everyday basis :) I seriously need to get some MAC lipsticks, I feel like such a failure of a blogger for not owning any haha!
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HIGHLY recommend them, although they are pricey if you arn't so much into lipsticks. I think if you find the perfect shade you'll be converted. The staff are usually very friendly and will help you try on a load of colours. The first time I bought a lipstick, I think we tried on 30 or so and we finally settled on one. She was so lovely and friendly it was just like a girly chat with a friend! :)

      Delete
  9. This colour looks gorgeous on you! I've never owned a mac shade but I think this would be one I'd like to try! It's such a pretty everyday colour :D

    Fii || little miss fii

    ReplyDelete