Top Social

Entertainment of The Month April 2016

Sunday 1 May 2016
April has flown by and I have to admit I haven't binge watched as much TV as normal, I know, what is wrong with me?! We've had some very brutal cliff hangers and the exciting return of an old favourites, with a dash of Podcasts this month, so lets get into it!

sweet allure entertainment of the month april 2016 tv television film shows movies programmes game of thrones the walking dead podcasts millionares mansions remote shows movies cinema

The Walking Dead Finale.

TWD came to a very climatic end this month, with a brutal ending. I do think it's a little cheeky to leave it on such a cliff hanger but I guess that's how they keep the viewers in turmoil. I genuinely love TWD and as Nick hasn't seen any of it, I'll be watching through it all again once the DVD is out to go through the turmoil for a second time (and loving it!).


Game of Thrones.

The last year has dragged no? but finally GoT is back and we're left with just as many questions after the first episode as we were left with at the end of last season. Although it's pretty much my favourite show so I can't wait to get stuck in. Half the fun with GoT is coming up with fun theories with your friends and trying to predict what is going to happen, which this season is anyone's guess!


Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

I loved the first season of Kimmy Schmidt and it hands down has the best theme tune. I started watching the new season and to be honest it hasn't gripped me, but it's good to just throw on when I'm lounging around and need something to zone out to.


Millionaires Mansions.

This is a new series on 4oD and being the complete interior stalker I am, this is the perfect show to nosey in other peoples houses, rich ones at that. I know this show will piss a lot of people off with how much money people spend/waste but I love watching stuff like this, I find it really interesting. The show highlights how much the market is currently going down the unique/creative route because everyone wants something unique, the weirder is usually the better.


Podcasts.

I listen to so many different podcasts at work and I really enjoy it, I'm thinking about doing a whole separate post on these but I'll run you through a couple I've been enjoying this month. Jules and Sarah The Podcast is brilliant, northern news, biscuits and general chats, I get a cheeky mention in one of them, so listen out for that! Sword & Scale always a favourite, true crime podcast undated monthly. Then finally a new discovery is A Cast of Kings which is a discussion podcast for Game of Thrones, really interesting to hear some different theories and information I would never have thought up myself!


That's it for this month, I suspect next months entertainment will be smaller as I'm away for 2 weeks but I'm sure that won't stop me binge watching when I get back! If you can't wait another month be sure to check out my Entertainment of the Month March 2016.




10 comments on "Entertainment of The Month April 2016"
  1. Game of Thrones, yes! I'm so excited about season 6, the first episode was brilliant! And I have to say Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is so good looking he's half the reason I love the show so much haha! Jokes aside, the storylines of the characters are so complex and addicting that once you've seen a few episodes and kinda got a hang of things you can't stop watching.

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so good, I love all the drama! Waiting a week between episodes is so long! xx

      Delete
  2. Ok I am so so far behind of GOT... I am still on Season 4 haha! But I am so desperate to catch up and watch it soon! All I have heard form everyone is how gripping and complex the plot is.. eeeek I cannot wait to catch up!!

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should 100% catch up on it! It gets so much more complex and exciting as the show goes on!! xx

      Delete
  3. I am a huge fan of the Walking Dead. That last episode had me and the wife on the edge of our seats throughout. I agree with you though, the cliffhanger ending was extremely cheeky, but I suppose it ensures eyes on the return in October.

    I loved Negan, I thought he way he was acted was phenomenal. A guy at work couldn't understand why I loved him so much, but it's because he is essentially Rick's counterpart. If Negan was the main protagonist we'd have all been cheering as he did the deed.

    Paul
    www.pgreatwhitej.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see where the plot line goes too! I read the comics years ago but never got this far into the story so it's all new and exciting, if not a little predictable! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm sooooo excited for game of thrones Monday's are my new favourite day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good this season! I can't wait the weeks inbetween! xx

      Delete
  5. ooh, I loved this post. I love that Game of Thrones is back (but it has also scared me as I remember thinking it was not due back until ages but here it is!!) and I love Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I think the new season has been okay but like you said it is great background TV xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is so pretty and darling, I love it! I cannot wait for The Walking Dead again, that cliffhanger was too good xD I'm convinced it's Eugene, what are your predictions? Gave you a follow on GFC :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete