Top Social

When My Period Gots Me Feeling Low.

Friday 20 May 2016
Sweet Allure When My Period Got Me Feeling Low.

Today I am in the undeniable grip of my period.



Not only am I in pain, feeling bloated and so unbelievably gassy I feel like balloons are being blown up in my colon but I feel about 1,000 degrees too hot and I'm having some serious bouts of low self esteem and self doubt.

If battling the demons of the lady in red isn't hard enough physically, mentally it's just exhausting. I'm generally quite comfortable with the way I look, yes I have those bits I'm not so happy with but I have a good relationship with the way I look and usually feel quite good about myself. However in the grips of my period I become a whimpering, needy wreck that hates just about everything about myself. For the first time in a long time I've been feeling really ugly, as in, I can't stand looking at myself in a mirror, I even hate my hair and it's even gone as far as I'm terrified of wedding photography because I'm worried about looking immortalised as ugly in them. This makes me feel really sad as a grown woman that I let myself succumb to the negative thoughts about myself.

Ultimately I know this is just my hormones playing havoc with my emotions but sometimes I wallow in a little pit of self doubt before pulling myself out. So I decided to sit down and write this post as not only a reminder to myself for when I'm feeling a bit shitty but also to re-assure you guys that you are fucking beautiful. You are all perfect, gorgeous and unstoppable ladies whether you are sat in your pants having not washed your hair for 8 days, got a few spots making an appearance and you've just eaten your body weight in chocolate, you are bloody amazing and don't let anyone ever tell you differently.

I'm not really sure where I was going with this post, but I just wanted to let some of the self doubt demons out into the world, because being honest with you, my readers and with myself is what this blog is all about. I want to let you into the shitty days of my life too, so we know that I am just a real person, with plenty of real people problems and so we can get through the shitty period blues together. No matter how bad you feel about yourself, I'll always be here to fight in your corner and shoo the negative thoughts away, because girls gotta stick together.

I'm not joking when I say I'm about to go sit on the sofa for the entire weekend and cry at pretty much every episode of How I Met Your Mother for no apparent reason.

If you need me, I'll always be down for a GIF sending spree on my twitter.







If you've enjoyed reading this, you might enjoy reading Beach Body Ready? Beach Please!

6 comments on "When My Period Gots Me Feeling Low."
  1. You need to get yourself a pink parcel subscription I swear I can't wait for my period. Remember these hormonal feelings will pass. Until next month at least. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the honesty in this post! I'm currently pregnant so I haven't had to deal with a period for 9 glorious months but I am SO dreading bleeding for like 2 weeks straight afterward :/ Make sure you eat ALL the chocolate! :) Feel better x

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw us ladies we all go through it! I know how you feel! On my period I could cry at the smallest of things but also get angry at the same time! What does she do to our emotions eh?! :D

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE beautiful and you are going to look like a princess on your wedding day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We ladies have these days. Ugh so annoying right! But I hope you'll be feeling great soon.

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhh Tarnya! I hope the lady in red is soon to be gone! Get cosy and eat some treats :) x

    ReplyDelete