Top Social

Beach Body Ready? Beach, Please!

Thursday 28 April 2016
With summer peeping it's head around the corner, the dreaded phrase 'Beach Body Ready' has reared it's ugly head already. As someone who is going on holiday next week, the pressure of being 'beach body ready' has been in the back of my mind for at least a few weeks now. I go through phases of trying not to eat so much to flip-reversing and eating a full bag of giant buttons all to myself...for breakfast... 

sweet allure beach body ready beach, please! summer health mental health body positive funny self love confidence

The sudden pressure to shave from head to toe, be a bronzed goddess, have long colourful nails or having the 'on trend' summer wardrobe has been niggling in the back of my mind and today I've decided I'm not going to give a shit about all of these things anymore and here's why.


1. I f**king hate shaving, yeah, shaving is f**king horrible. I've tried all manner of tricks but I am just one of those people that gets the worst shaving rash and to be honest, I'd rather have hair down there than resisting the urge to scratch my genitals for two weeks. Oh and it never really stays 'smooth' down there for more than approximately 16 hours anyway, so whats the sodding point. 


2. Waxing? Too painful. Did not enjoy having a woman rip hairs from general bum hole area... #awkward


3. I'm basically a ghost...and I'm pretty sure all of the fake tan in the world wouldn't keep me looking glamorous for more than a few days. It's way too much upkeep and I'm pretty sure everyone on the planet would immediately realise I don't look like a bottle of milk anymore and would know it's fake anyway. I'm not fooling anyone.


4. I hate having long nails. This is a personal choice but have you seen what nail varnish looks like on short nails? It's not the most amazing look, if anything it just highlights how short your nails are. I tried gel nails last year, they were expensive and by the end of the holiday all I wanted to do was pick them off, £30 quite literally in the bin or on the floor, whatevs


5. I'm basically going to eat everything in sight on holiday, so why stop myself before? This. Everything this. We all want to enjoy ourselves on holiday, we all have a little too much food and drink and pretty much don't give a shit, so why stress yourself out for the 3 weeks prior? Enjoy yourself, have another glass of wine or bottle...you got this! 


On a more serious note, you, yes you! are perfect as you are. You are beautiful with or without make up, you got a damn fine bod in or out of a bikini, you haven't shaved your legs? me either, it's cool, I got you!


Go enjoy yourself and don't give in to social pressure.

I'd like to thank Ami for inspiring this post, you can read her post about being beach body ready here.

If you'd also like to see what we got up to in Cyprus last year, including getting engaged, please click here



6 comments on "Beach Body Ready? Beach, Please!"
  1. If I didn't know any better I would have thought you were describing me in this post! haha Everything you mentioned is so me! Shaving drives me absolutely foolish! I even get that dreaded rash under my armpits after I shave!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just the worst? I find that a electric razor helps because it doesn't cut the hairs so close to the skin so I get much less irritation it just grows out more noticeable quicker xx

      Delete
  2. Yes! So much yes! I hate shaving, and the regrowth is awful, and it never stays smooth for long and it's just so bloody frustrating. And the phrase "beach body ready" drives me up the wall! Just do whatever you like, as long it's not hurting you or anyone else, and enjoy life I say! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, people should do what makes them happy, not what other people make them think will make them happy. Confusing but true! xx

      Delete
  3. Ahh this post is so real .. I love it! I think there is so much pressure to be perfect st summer time .. But it's all about taking it at your own pace and not worrying about what other people think! Love this post!
    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo! You need to be comfortable with yourself, which I admit takes awhile to get to, but once you are there it's great! xx

      Delete