Top Social

Happy 1st Birthday Blog!

Wednesday 4 May 2016
As I'm typing this I still can't quite believe that I've managed to keep up blogging for the past year. I've been a huge reader of blogs for years, I've dabbled in and out for many years and now I have one that's a year old and I couldn't be prouder *pats self on back*.

 I think that's quite impressive if I do say so myself!

Sweet allure first blog birthday Cake blogger
Image Source: http://www.happybirthdaycake2015.com/happy-birthday-cupcakes-images.html

This little piece of the web has come a long way since my first post, my photography has improved drastically, my writing style and structure has very much been streamlined to a place that I'm happy with but most of all this blog has become an extension of myself and everything I enjoy in life. From watching countless hours on Netflix, to the new clothes I buy, the LUSH goodies I've splurged on or sharing my thoughts on important issues like buying our first home or planning my wedding, it really is a place that I can talk freely about things I care about, which I am very thankful for.


When this post goes live I'll be away on holiday (not smug, honest!) so I'll be taking a mini-break from blogging, but be assured I'll be thinking up amazing content, photograph ideas, adventures and much much more.

So here I'll take the opportunity to thank every single one of you for reading this blog, you've given me the chance to enjoy opportunities I never thought would happen to me, from events, working with brands, tasting glorious food and drink, to meeting amazing people and friends, learning new skills and lastly, enabling all those cheeky purchases. I feel so lucky to be part of a community that is not only growing rapidly, but is supportive, friendly, funny and positive. I know if I need any help, to rant, to ask questions or for someone to blab on about New Girl or Harry Potter with, my twitter followers (and readers) are always around to chat to, which I find incredibly strange but also very re-assuring and comforting.

To all the blogs out there that are just getting started, GO FOR IT, it was honestly one of the best things I have ever done! And to the more established bloggers, thanks for carving the way for us newbies and keep on inspiring us to push through writers block and chase the dream!

We've all got this.
Keep being awesome.



5 comments on "Happy 1st Birthday Blog! "
  1. Happy blog birthday! And here's to many more years of blog success! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday! And all the best for the future of Sweet Allure. It's my first blog birthday on the 29th of this month. I'm so excited! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blog Birthday!! Enjoy your holiday :)

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1st (blog) Birthday! So happy to hear how far you've come! :) xx

    Just Jemini
    http://justjemini.blogspot.co.uk
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/just-jemini-3886904

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog birthday lovely! Love seeing you posts and updates, have an amazing holiday - you've earnt it!! xx

    ReplyDelete