Top Social

Relaxing Coffee Lunch at Steam Yard.

Thursday 26 May 2016
I've been lusting over the doughnuts at Steam Yard in Sheffield for approximately for-ev-er and when Ocean Loans got in contact with me to work on a relaxing post, I knew immediately where I wanted to go.

I love exploring new places and I couldn't think of a better thing to do than sit chatting with Nick over some amazing food and drinks, so we took a stroll up to Steam Yard one lunch time to just chill out in what is pretty much my new favourite place.








I find it quite easy to slip into the same old routine and the daily grind of going to work, coming home, cooking some food and before you know it, it's time to go to bed and repeat the entire process. I find little adventures out like this really bring you back into balance and re-connects you with the people around you. Nick and I quite literally spend 24/7 with each other because we work together, so it can be quite easy to forget to take some time out as a couple to do something different.

What better way to do that than over some food and drink, right? Like i'd mentioned earlier, I was drawn to this place by the amazing selection of doughnuts, including a range of  'fro-nuts' which have frozen ice-cream in the middle (totally coming back for one of these over the summer). But on this occasion I decided to go for the glorious 'S'mores Doughnut' which consisted of marshmallows, peanut butter and Nutella all toasted slightly so they melted together. I have to say this was pretty good but I couldn't finish the entire thing, it's basically an oozey mountain of sugary goodness.




Nick opted for a 3 cheese toasted sandwich because I'm the sweet toothed one out of the two of us and we decided to share a hot chocolate, which looked as beautiful as you would expect from a coffee place now days.

I have to give a shout out to the interior of this place too, it's very cool. Lots of wood, decals on the walls and I loved pretty much everything about the interiors, I could imagine being one of those people that bring a laptop to write things in here and look ridiculously pretentious with peanut butter smeared all over my face.

I can't wait to go back again over the summer and relax on one of the benches in the courtyard with a cup of coffee and a fronut!

How do you like to relax in your spare time?



1 comment on "Relaxing Coffee Lunch at Steam Yard."
  1. Oh my that doughnut sounds amazing! Great post!

    Ella xx
    www.ellaselement.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete