Top Social

My First Spa Experience.

Tuesday 23 June 2015
I've been wanting to go for a spa day for absolutely ages, I can't believe I've got to the ripe old age of 25 before doing so. I found a great deal on Groupon for Nick's mum and I to have a day for cheap as chips and we got 3 treatments included.  

I really wanted to get loads of pictures to bulk out this post with but sadly I couldn't do that because spas are full of water and other people...which don't go well with iPhones and personal space! So this is going to quite a text heavy post, I hope you don't mind.
:)


Firstly, I've never been in a Sauna room or a steam room so I didn't really know what to expect, I obviously knew it was going to be hot...but it was much hotter than I thought it would be! I couldn't believe how quickly after sitting in the sauna I was covered in sweat. Nick's mum, Deborah, laughed that she didn't think I would last more than a couple of minutes but I quite literally sweated it out and we stayed in there for a good 10 minutes.....maybe, I was too confused from the heat!

Next we headed over to the steam room, which I have to say for someone that suffers from Asthma, it was probably harder to stay in there than the average person. Once I'd laid flat on my back and opened up my airways a little it was easier to breathe and I enjoyed the aloe vera vapours.

After about 3 showers (ha!) and a little relax by the pool side, it was time for our treatments. Deborah and I had both opted for a massage and Elemis facial which they kindly put us together in the same room for.

My first massage was nicer than I expected. I was half expecting it to hurt, I'm not really sure why, maybe it's because I've never had one before and expected all my tense muscles to be painful when massaged but I did find myself pretty much fast asleep by the time it was over. I've never been so relaxed in my life. I really want to go back and get a full body massage so I'm on the hunt for another good deal!

Then we both had an Elemis facial (this is not sponsored, this is just what brand they use) and it was magical. Everything smelt really nice and made me skin feel super soft even for days after and I've not had any breaks outs since which is surprising because I always thought you break out loads after a facial.

Then my third treatment was having my nails done and of course I picked a gorgeous coral colour. Funny story, I was telling the lady doing my nails how I always manage to ruin my nails at home when painting them and low and behold as I said it I caught my nails on the towel and ruined one hand, smooth Tarnya, smooth. She laughed it off though and carried on!


I love having my nails done properly, they look so nice!
Then after having yet another shower, we headed home. I basically spent the rest of the evening trying not to fall asleep on the sofa as I was pretty tired afterwards. I was in a severe state of relaxation which lets be honest, was mission very much accomplished.

Please recommend some treatments as I would love to go back soon!

:)

2 comments on "My First Spa Experience. "
  1. I love a spa day, especially getting affordable ones on groupon! The last treatment I had was called aroma back relief and it was incredible. It was a back scrub followed by a massage and then this soothing gel was applied to keep them relaxed for longer, so nice! xx

    Beaut Honesty | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such a great time! I'll have to look into other types of massage, the one you had sounds lovely though! xx

      Delete