Top Social

Cool gift ideas for fathers day.

Tuesday 16 June 2015
As it's fathers day this Sunday, I thought I'd put together a little post about gift ideas to buy for those special dads out there! 

Hope you enjoy!

Alcohol.

Now this probably isn't the most exciting of ideas however there are so many varieties of alcohol readily available now, that you can find some cool new bits and bobs. If your dad does like a little tipple there are loads of interesting beers, ciders and spirits to choose from in the alcohol section of your local supermarket, pick a few at random and put together a little hamper, he might stumble across something new that he really likes! I've done this little trick for multiple people and it always goes down well. You could also throw some snacks into the mix, making it the perfect hamper for him to enjoy chilling on the sofa one afternoon.

So. Much. Beer.



Tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

Now my dad doesn't drink alcohol however he really loves his coffee. There are SO many great coffees out there, again you could go to your local supermarket and pick out some random selections however I think going to your local coffee shop (Starbucks, Costa, Nero etc) and picking up a great blend could go down really well.

If you want to splurge a little, I would highly recommend buying a coffee machine. A few of us at work pitched in to buy a Dolce Gusto machine and it gets plenty of use. You buy pods of the desired coffee, tea or hot chocolate and pop it in, it heats the water at a touch of a button and a lovely fresh cup of whatever you pick comes out. I think for a coffee lover that doesn't want to spend too much time grinding coffee beans etc this would be great.

Don't you think it looks like a bird??


Novelty t-shirts.

Now I'm pretty sure your dad has something he loves. Be it a TV show, a film or film series, a book, a hobby etc there is always, always a novelty t-shirt to go with it! My dad absolutely loves The Simpsons and Family Guy, I think The Simpsons movie is the only movie he didn't fall asleep whilst watching. I actually bought my dad a novelty Family Guy t-shirt for Christmas and he loved it! Amazon is a great place to find t-shirts but I also love looking on the following couple of sites.

http://www.teefury.com/shop

http://www.bustedtees.com/

http://www.tizarre.com/collections/threadless-t-shirts-uk



This is the t-shirt I got my dad for Christmas.


Gadgets

If your dad is into gadgets, you can always go for the usual picks, phones, camera's, tablets etc however these tend to be quite pricey, so for those on a budget, the novelty gadgets are fun and cheaper! I absolutely love Firebox for interesting and unique gifts, so I'll just pick out a couple of thing I would pick but head on over and check it out!


http://www.firebox.com/product/6352/Click-Cube-Clocks

http://www.firebox.com/product/6599/Grip-Strip

http://www.firebox.com/product/7135/PowerUp-3.0-Smartphone-Controlled-Paper-Aeroplane



I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some ideas for fathers day gifts!

Let me know what you are up to with your dad for fathers day!










6 comments on "Cool gift ideas for fathers day. "
  1. What great timing! I picked up a real ale hamper in Home Bargains of all places but need something to go with it...full of inspiration now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hampers are always awesome, who doesn't love snacks and drinks? :) xx

      Delete
  2. My dad is so difficult to buy for! These are all really good ideas, I love the hamper :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad is terrible, he also loves books and video games! Let me know if you need any advise on those! xx

      Delete
  3. Brilliant ideas! Dads are so tricky to buy for!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete