Top Social

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Review.

Monday 3 August 2015
I recently bought a bright pink lipstick from Topshop (have a look here) but it was very matte and because I've been struggling with really dry lips recently, I haven't been reaching for it, sad face. So when I had a little nosey around Boots the other day I came across the ColorBurst range and was immediately drawn to a very similar pink colour.


The description says 'Matte Balm' which sounds like it wouldn't really work, as matte is non-shiny and a balm would suggest wet/shiny but it really does make sense when you swatch it! Its balmy and really not very drying at all but is quite matte and non budging, it is a very wearable colour that doesn't dry out your lips.



The colour I picked up was 205, Elusive, but there were a few options available from nude, to purples to bright red. The packaging is Matte, see what they did there? with a twist bottom, from the size of the tube you do get quite a lot of product but I was still a little shocked when I got to the till and realised it was £7.99! I do feel the price has put me off buying another because if it was even slightly cheaper I would certainly be purchasing more.

The one thing I really don't like about this product is the smell, it smells very strongly of mint which is really strange. Most lipsticks smell sweet but mint is very confusing when you are putting it on your lips, it just reminds me of brushing my teeth which is odd!

Revlon Elusive on the left,
Topshop Brighton Rock on the right. 

I've basically wore this every day since I bought it last week including 2 parties! If any of you know of something similar to this product that isn't £8! please let me know!

Ciao for now!
Tarnya
x

9 comments on "Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Review. "
  1. I definitely want to get my hands on one of these, I find them so much easier to apply then lipstick! However £8 is a bit steep. Models own do some similar ones, I think they are called lip stixs and they are £4.99 x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, thanks a lot for the recommendations, i'll have a look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous colour, I really should look into these. People really love them!! There is nothing worse than a lip product clinging to your dry skin, especially if you didn't think your lips were even dry.

    I got your link from 30plusblogs, I am currently working my way through the links to try and say hello to everyone.

    Carrie
    http://www.cazmosworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think my lips are fine then put lipstick on and realise how dry my lips are! It's so annoying haha. You should defo give them a try, very wearable and loads of colours to chose from!

      Thank you for letting me know where you found the link, I need to check out some blog posts from the list! xxx

      Delete
  4. I love these! I am dying to try the deep purple one, but it's always sold out everywhere :(

    http://www.dulcedemango.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! need to get more colours...

    Tajaljeh // http://lifeastajaljeh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have a look at some more colours! My local boots didn't stock loads when I got this one! xx

      Delete
  6. I have three of these and I love them! I love that they smell a little minty... it's a refreshing surprise every time I put it on! There's a nudey mauve color that I'm obsessed with. I wear it almost every day.

    freeformhappiness.com

    ReplyDelete