Top Social

August Favourites.

Monday 31 August 2015
August has come and gone in a blink of an eye! I feel like I'm getting old because time just flies by these days but here are the things I've been using a lot of this august.




First up is this pair of black ripped knee jeans from Topshop. I'm always on the hunt for good fitting jeans as I'm taller than average with hips, so finding a pair of jeans that are flattering is hard because of my body shape. I tried on a few recently in Topshop and these were super comfy, so I decided to buy them. They aren't super flattering all over but they are comfy enough to throw on and although I've mentioned before I don't really like the ripped jean thing, these are just enough rip for me to put up with. I've basically worn these everyday since purchasing and if you are interested in my outfits follow me on Instagram here for more frequent outfit posts.




Then next up I treated myself to 2 new Real Techniques make-up brushes. I picked out the big fluffy powder brush and the super cute little setting brush. I've needed a new powder brush for ages and only just got around to buying it (so lazy!). This is a lovely brush, really fluffy and big to apply powder all over the face but I also use this for bronzer and blush, so very all-round powder brush.


The setting brush I've seen a bunch of Youtubers/bloggers use this for blending in concealer so that's what I bought it for and it works so well. You just swirl this around the concealer and it blends it in really nicely and you could probably use this to set certain areas of your face with powder because of the small tip. So if you haven't got this brush in your collection, I would recommend it!


Then of course, it wouldn't be a favourites without a lip product, I found this Vaseline limited edition Paint The Town in an old bag, untouched. If you read my blog frequently you'll know I've been suffering with dry lips recently so I've been trying to moisturise them more often and this little pot is the perfect balance between balm and colour. The red is very subtle but gives my lips just the right amount of colour so I've been reaching for this all the time. It is limited edition though so I have no idea if they still sell anything like this, sorry!

That's all for this month folks! Although I did get some lovely treats for my birthday which I'm sure will be featuring in next months favourites!

Tarnya
xx
6 comments on "August Favourites."
  1. those topshop jeans are so great! I've been meaning to try out a pair myself!

    leethrifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super comfy but I get cold knees! haha xx

      Delete
  2. Those jeans suit you really well and you pull them off so well. I wasn't even aware that Vaseline had a new limited edition but I now really want to get my hands on it.

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, you are kind! :). I haven't seen any of the same Vaseline in local shops for ages, they must have discontinued it! xx

      Delete
  3. The RT setting brush is awesome, I don't think I can live without it!

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying it! Does my doing concealer sooo much easier ^_^ xxx

      Delete