Top Social

Travel : Cyprus.

Monday 25 May 2015
At the beginning of April we went on holiday with my finances family to Cyprus. Nicks nan has lived there for years now and I finally got to go out there and explore the beautiful place. As this post is quite picture heavy I'm just going to give a brief description of what we did each day, most of the photos are scenic I'm not one to take pictures of all the meals I ate, I'm far more interesting in eating them! I hope you enjoy this post and hope it inspires you to take a trip out there, it really is beautiful. x 

~

The first day we arrived very early in the morning and went straight to bed! When we all awoke next morning we explored the 8 person villa! After some breakfast/lunch, Nick and I visiting his grandmother who lived just around the corner to enjoy some chats, tea and sunshine. We ate at a restaurant that night in Polis that the family had been going to for years, the food was great, I had chicken and Nick got a taste for steak...

Visiting family and admiring the view from the front garden!

Just relaxing and soaking it up by the pool.





On day 2 we mostly relaxed around the pool, eating and drinking and just soaking up the sunshine. We watched our first sunset from the balcony which was just stunning, my photo really doesn't give it justice!

Watching our first sunset.

Admiring the impressive villa.

~

On the third day Nick and I went for an adventure drive, with a map, our iPod and some snacks we drove right along the coast all the way through to Kato Pyrgos, which sits on the Turkish border where we had a salad lunch looking out over the sea. We decided to drive up towards the Troodos Moutains and look at the views of the foothills, there are army camps dotted all around and plenty of mountain goats to keep you company. We pulled over to take some pictures of the stunning views and one knee bend later we got engaged! It was a gorgeous setting, the views were stunning and the sun was lovely and warm, we drove around a little longer before heading back to tell everyone! That night we all went out to another family favourite restaurant that served a 12 course meal called a Meze, they bring out all sorts, garlic mushrooms, humus, bread, pie, before bringing out the chips and meat for the big final course. I've never seen so much food in my life!
The spot where we got engaged, just look at those views!

~

On the forth day, Nick and I spent the day with Nicks mother and grandmother. We headed off into the mountains to visit a local market, whilst the other half headed up to Troodos to take photos. The market was gorgeous, lots of locals get together once a month to sell there goods. Plenty of food drinks and crafts on show, Nick and I sat and had some chocolate chilli cake and fresh made lemonade then looked around the tiny village. On the drive back we took photos and looked around the local villas in Argaka. Nick went walking in the foothills around the villa and took some photos whilst I chilled out by the pool. When everyone had arrived back at the villa, we made home made pizzas in the pizza oven outside, this is something I should have taken a photo of!
Our lizard friend, can you spot him?

Visiting a locals market, had some lovely fresh made lemonade here.
The view from the local market.

Nick went walking in the foothills and took some photos.
~
On the 5th day we spent almost the entire day at the local pub, there were a couple of birthdays we were celebrating so plenty of drinks, cake and food. The pub sits quite literally opposite the beach so Nick and I went for a little stroll and picked up some pebbles to take home with us. Nick ended up stubbing his toe pretty badly this night (we think he broke it!) and spent the rest of the holiday hobbling around.

Lovely pebbled beach.

The pubs mosaic in progress!
Sunset from the pub.
~

Then on the sixth day (our final full day) we all drove the hour long drive to Paphos, which is a much more touristy area. We had some burgers in a cafe by the sea, fed tiny tiny fishes and just generally chilled out. Nick and I took a wonder all the way down the harbour and stopped to have a drink, It was crazy hot that day. We then went hunting for an engagement ring, as Nick had used his great grandmothers ring to propose which sadly didn't fit. We found the perfect one, a lovely heart shaped diamond set in 18ct white gold, it's gorgeous and I absolutely love it. We then watched Nicks step sisters ride out into the sea on a speed boat before heading back to the villa. That night we all went for dinner by the sea in a little place called Latsi. I had an amazing duck dish and Nick had yet another steak! Shout out to the restaurant 'entertainer', a singer who was actually really good and got everyone dancing outside.

Paphos harbour.
Views on the drive back from Paphos.
8 comments on "Travel : Cyprus. "
  1. Don't I wish I was here right now! These pictures are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh - take me there now! Love the sun set!

    www.beaucience.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so gorgeous, I highly recommend visiting! My phone camera doesn't do it justice at all xx

      Delete
  3. Paphos looks amazing. I am jealous, wish I had gone. Great post and beautiful photos!!

    Much love,

    Lauren "Sweetened Sour" O'Hara

    https://www.lauren-ohara-.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Phapos is lovely especially in the sunshine! Having a drink by the sea in the sun is just perfect! ^_^ x

      Delete
  4. Aww what a lovely backdrop for an engagement!! Congratulations! :) The sunset in cyprus is amazing!! And the waters of the harbour are so clear. I so wish i can visit someday!
    Must have been such a lovely getaway.

    x Carina | Running White Horses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was beautiful :)
      It was a lovely holiday, I highly recommend it as a holiday destination :)

      Delete