Top Social

Sunday Sitdown #10

Sunday 24 July 2016
It's Sunday and I'm awake writing this at 8am, damn the stupid hot weather but i've got so much to talk about that I just really wanted to get writing a post!

Sweet Allure Sunday Sitdown #10 baby shower biscuits cakes party etsy store art prints flamingo cacti

The first thing I want to talk about is my lovely friend Holly's baby shower, I can't believe how fast the last 8 months have flown by and I can't wait to meet the baby! The baby shower was absolutely wonderful, all of the food was incredible and beautiful, I mean just look at these biscuits and the cakes!! I know who I'll be getting to plan my baby shower when I eventually pop out some kids, hint hint Holly. It was just such a lovely afternoon playing games, chatting to people, eating some food and the weather was perfect for it too, I even got a little sun burnt, silly me! 

Sweet Allure Sunday Sitdown #10 baby shower biscuits cakes party etsy store art prints flamingo cacti

Whilst I was at the baby shower Nick was off on his stag do in Leeds, which is a little surreal, I don't think it's quite sunk in yet that we're getting married despite talking about it so much, that it was very odd to think he was off on his stag do. I'm dreading what state he'll come back in this afternoon, I think we might be having an afternoon of laying on the sofa watching films and eating pizza so he can recover which is totally fine by me, sounds like the perfect Sunday afternoon chill.

Speaking of weddings, this month was also the month that I finally went out with my friend Gemma to buy my wedding dress materials and start putting the dress together. I am SO excited about this, I was really struggling to visualise what I wanted in my head and finally seeing the materials and the shape coming together makes me so excited, I can't wait to try it on and walk around all floaty! I'll be keeping you up to date on wedding things very soon so you won't have to wait long now I promise!

Sweet Allure Sunday Sitdown #10 baby shower biscuits cakes party etsy store art prints flamingo cacti



Sweet Allure Sunday Sitdown #10 baby shower biscuits cakes party etsy store art prints flamingo cacti

Then over on my blog I recently did a post about starting an art journal and the response I've had from this post has been overwhelming, thank you so much for all of the nice feedback! I've had so many people ask me to start making prints, so I think over the next couple of weeks I'll be putting together a selection to go up in an etsy store to share with you all and see how things go! I've just really enjoyed drawing and painting again so it's just so wonderful that everyone else likes my work too! Also let me know which one you prefer, the flamingo or the cacti in the comments!

I also had a meeting with all the other TheCityGirls ladies about the event we are planning for later in the year which was very exciting! I'm sure we'll have things to share with you all soon but the meeting went really well and I can't wait to have some things set in stone so we can share some sneak peaks! I think you are going to love it!

So as you can see the last couple of weeks have been quite busy, so much going on in real life and on the blog but it's all so exciting. I'm really excited about doing an etsy shop, it's a new challenge that I'm ready and raring to take on! I will let you all know when I open it!

Until then, I'm going to go scrape together some breakfast from whatever is hanging around in the fridge, make a cup of tea and watch some TV. I hope you enjoy your Sunday and see you on Tuesday!

Sweet Allure Sunday Sitdown #10 baby shower biscuits cakes party etsy store art prints flamingo cacti



5 comments on "Sunday Sitdown #10"
  1. I LOVE them both but the cactus print would go perfectly in my house 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your post. Those cakes look delicious. Such a exciting time for you with your wedding approaching, enjoy every moment of the day as it will go past in a flash and before you know it you'll be planning your baby shower! Good luck with the Etsy store, that print is lovely.
    Sharon x
    rosieloveslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the cactus pics, Tarnya. Lovely flamingo too. Looking forward to seeing your Etsy shop xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cactus prints - although both are great. Good luck opening your Etsy shop, that's exciting! Look forward to hearing more wedding updates :D x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely baby shower - them cakes look so delicious right now! I've seen a couple of your drawings on twitter and I think their so cute, especially the flamingo! Keep it up lovely xx

    Beth | Polishedcouture.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete