Top Social

Getting Crafty With Cross-stitch.

Tuesday 2 February 2016
I apologise for the lack of post on Sunday, I was too busy having fun being crafty. Yep, I'm officially 85 years old. 



For as long as I can remember I've been a crafty person, mostly with textiles. I've been able to knit since I was old enough to hold the needles, so cross stitch and textiles followed suit. During my double A-level in Art and Design my projects always seemed to involve textiles.

I go through phases of really getting into experimenting and creating and then don't touch it for years at a time. The itch for doing something has been lingering  around for awhile now, I've recently been buying bits and bobs and scribbling down ideas until the moment finally hit on Saturday afternoon. 

I sat down and made a cross stitch pattern for 12 solid hours and I've been stitching ever since. I've got so many ideas wizzing around my head but my hands just can keep up!

I've decided I want to open an Etsy shop and fill it with all my pieces and see if the good people of the world want to buy them and hell, if not I've got some great new one off pieces for around the house. 

If you follow me on social media you will have already seen the photographs of the progress I've been sharing and thank you for all your kind and encouraging words, you lot seem to like them! I thought I'd share with you the 3 things I've got so far because sharing is caring. 





This last one is still in progress but it's so cute already!

I will hopefully be back on Thursday with a blog post about what entertainment I've been loving this past month, because I've watched a crazy amount of TV, so stay tuned.....ha.

Let me know what crafty things you love to do in your spare time in the comments below because I would love to know!!

Love,
Tarnya xx

3 comments on "Getting Crafty With Cross-stitch."
  1. I think these are so cute. I'd love to see what else you can make and I will have to check out your etsy shop!

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow your so good, i could never get into cross stitching, i can hem pants and sew hair extension clips =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in the first when you shared Tarnya. Bathe mint green and peachy colours are gorgeous! The little cloud you're making is adorable too! xx

    ReplyDelete