Top Social

4 Most Used Make-Up Brushes.

Tuesday 9 February 2016
If you are like me, when you find things you like and that works for you, you tend to stick to them like glue. I put on make-up pretty much every day and I tend to use the same brushes and tools all the time, I find it hard to let something new in! So I thought I'd share with you the 4 make up brushes I use constantly.



The first brush I'll talk about is the Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush. I was recommended this brush from my friend Rosie over at ohrosie. I use this brush to buff in my foundation, the large flat head makes it really easy to cover a lot of your face. The handle is quite thick and easy to hold and gives you good purchase to really buff the make up into your face. I've had this brush for at least a year now (might even be 2!) and I still use it all the time and it hasn't lost it's shape or shed loads and it's pretty easy to clean with a good brush cleaner.


The next brush is the Powder Brush by Real Techniques, I use this for setting powder and bronzer. It's quite a large brush but I prefer a big brush so I can sweep the powder all over and not have to spend ages doing it. It's also handy for bronzer so I can just swish it around my face and be done with it.



The third brush I bought after seeing people on Youtube setting their under eye concealer with this brush instead of patting it with their finger and it intrigued me. So I bought the Real Techniques Setting Brush  to try it out and I have to say I haven't looked back since. It's really easy to just pop your concealer on then swirl and sweep this brush over it to blend it in, really quick and easy and saves you so much time! 



Then lastly, is a brush I use for my brows. This is the Revlon Double Ended Smokey Eye Brush, which is obviously for eye-shadow, but I find this is perfect for eyebrows. I use the slanted tip side to draw the tops and bottoms of the brow and to define the pointed side on the outer brow, then I use the small rounded tip to fill in my brow, as it's quicker and easier to fill them in. Perfect little brush, I don't think I could live without this brush now! It obviously has it's uses for a powder eye-liner or for putting a little eye-shadow under the bottom lash, basically a good all rounder! 


So those were the brushes I use on an almost daily basis. I've never felt the need to have any more in my routine right now, but that is because I really suck at make-up. What brushes do you use often? Do you have any to recommend?

7 comments on "4 Most Used Make-Up Brushes. "
  1. Ok I'm pretty sure we have the same brush collection haha! (Except I don't own any Sigma brushes)
    Before I got my Zoeva brush set at Christmas, the Revlon double ended brush was my brow saviour - it's perfect!
    The RT Powder Brush will always be one of my faves, IT'S SO FLUFFY.

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about the Sigma Kabuki Brush! I remember the hype years ago - It's reminded me to pick one up!

    E x
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love RT brushes! They are amazing quality!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try Sigma brushes seen a few good reviews on them.. My fav brush at the moment has to be the RT bold metallics angled powder (103) and tapered (300) brushes

    Www.janayandre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really want to try the Sigma brushes after hearing all the hype. My favourite brushes are the Mac 217 or the Real Techniques Buffing brush.

    Great post.
    :)x
    http://my-world-heather.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! That Revlon brush is so good, and so cheap! I accidentally forgot an angled brush and bought that in as a replacement and was so impressed. The RT setting brush is another favourite of mine as well, it's so ridiculously soft! Great post, I'll have to check out the Sigma brush.

    Gweni xxx www.gbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so many brushes but I absolutely couldn't live without my Real Techniques buffing brush and their cheek brush - which is AMAZING for contour
    Jess | www.beautifulbreakable.com ♥

    ReplyDelete