Top Social

Topshop Lipstick Review : Brighton Rock

Sunday 19 July 2015
I recently headed into Topshop to pick up a nail varnish (see what I got here), I've been eyeing up some of the lipsticks for some time now so I decided to finally take the plunge and purchase one. The colour I picked up is called Brighton Rock, its very bright pink matte, which is quite 'out there' for me but I've been trying to go out of my comfort zone.

Firstly, the packaging is very simple and clean, I quite like the Topshop make up packaging. It's a metal tube with very solid click close, which I love.


So as you can see this lipstick is a very bright pink, when I swatched this in store I thought this would go really well with my pale skin, however when I got home and tried it on I wasn't a big fan. I also didn't realise how matte the formula is and I've been suffering with really dry lips recently, so the two don't really go hand in hand. However I think once I've sorted my lips out and if I bronze up a little this could be quite flattering still, so I'm going to stick with it. Once my lips aren't so dry I'll try and post up an 'on the lips' photo so you guys can help me decide if it works on me!

The formula is quite matte and the colour pay off is quite high! The swatch below was only two sweeps, so you can tell the colour pay off is good. It also lasted quite well on the lip due to the matte formula, but would potentially need a touch up after eating or drinking.



I definitely think I'll give some other colours a go, I like the look of Devotion and Lovestruck, which both seem to be creamy finishes.

Have you used any Topshop lipsticks? Let me know of any recommendations!
:)
x







6 comments on "Topshop Lipstick Review : Brighton Rock"
  1. I've never tried any Topshop makeup but this colour is super pretty! I might have to try it out sometime! :)

    Lauren - http://apricotspot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have loads of great products and a great range of colours too! If you try anything out let me know! x

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous colour, for some reason I still haven't tried out any of the Topshop make up - need to change this asap!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend, I've had a couple of things now and liked all of them! xx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried any of the Topshop makeup but I love this colour and I think I'll be picking this up to try.

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you pick anything up! xx

      Delete