Top Social

Homeware Haul.

Monday 6 July 2015
For those that don't know, Nick and I bought our first home earlier this year and we eventually move in on the 14th of July. I've been putting off buying home ware things for awhile otherwise I just wouldn't stop! So seeing as it's almost a week away I think it's safe for me to start spending some money on finishing touches! I personally love home ware hauls or posts so I hope you enjoy! :)

Aren't they sweet?



I love flowers but let's be real, flowers are expensive and don't last very long! I've dried some roses and they look nice in jugs but I wanted to vary the flowers I have around the house. So I've invested in some fake flowers. Next and House of Fraser tend to have good fake flowers but I ordered these beautiful Peonies in a metal milk jug from Achica, which is an online store that has discounts on everything homeware (it's a great place to lust over lovely house things).



I've been looking for some lanterns for awhile to put in front of our new fire place and to hold a big candle in. I'm very picky and haven't found one nice or affordable for awhile so I took a chance and looked on Etsy. I found a gorgeous large one that was rustic looking, exactly what I've been looking for and was only £30, bargain really! I can't wait to have this bad boy with a candle lit inside in the evenings. I'd like to have a couple of smaller ones to have as a little arrangement but I'll search for them at a later point!

After finding something to go in front of the fire, I went on the hunt for something to go on the mantelpiece above the fireplace. I wanted something simple and sweet and when browsing the Next website for a microwave (not exciting enough to add to this haul!) I came across these lovely little heart shaped tea light holders and immediately ordered them! They look just big enough to add a little touch without cluttering up the place.



This love heart wall hanging was an engagement present from Nicks mum, which I've sneakily added to this haul as we've been waiting to move into the new house to hang this up. We have a shelf above the oven space (I'll post photos of these things up when we finally move in so you can see what I mean!) and this will sit lovely on the shelf along with the 'home' clock we have of the same style. It's a very shabby chic piece and I really like it.



And finally I've wanted a huge leaning mirror for what feels like forever, so I'm going to treat myself to a huge one like this for my dressing room. I haven't actually ordered it yet, so I know this is kind of cheating, but I will 100% be ordering this one (or something very similar). I just need to do a little more research to find a good deal and then wham, bye bye money, hellllooo awesome mirror. I suspect I'll be posting plenty of Outfits of the Day in this bad boy, so keep your eyes peeled!


I hope that was vaguely interesting and I will certainly be doing more home ware hauls as we deck out the house. I will also eventually get around to doing a post showing what the items look like in the house, as I'm sure you'll all want a nosey!

If you come across anything you think I might like, please please send me a link via twitter, facebook, comment or email and I'll definitely have a look!






10 comments on "Homeware Haul."
  1. You have such lovely taste I love all of this, especially the mirror its so gorgeous :) congratulations on buying your first place, i hope you have lots of fun making it your own <3
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly!, thank you, i'm so excited and can't wait to start showing people the place when it's completed! xxx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I'm looking for a couple of lanterns to go in my place, never thought to look on Etsy, will have to have a look there. I would dream to have a mirror like that too:) http://mybitchyrestingface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for everything to arrive and get it looking gorgeous! Etsy has some great ones and I found some other similar-ish ones on ebay too. They are out there! Let me know if you find any good ones :) xx

      Delete
  3. I just commented but I think it deleted so I'll start again!! I love this post, I think we both have similar taste in homeware! Love the giant mirror and the fake flowers is such a good idea! I'll be pinching that and be on the hunt for some! I like to post about homeware/garden ware too www.lynseyemily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then we both have good taste! :) I think fake flowers are great and you can always change them up. I also can't wait to get a giant mirror :) xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love everything, can I come and live with you? That mirror is stunning, I want it.

    Sarah <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that vintage vibe you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love homeware hauls so much! There's just something so exciting about getting new pretty things for your house. I adore the lantern and the look that it gives off, I'm sure your new home is gonna look amazing!! Good luck with the move!

    -Nabeela x
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to make it our own! Its such an exciting journey :) xx

      Delete