Top Social

Ways In Which I Want To Improve Sweet Allure.

Thursday 8 September 2016
This post is something I've had in the pipeline for a little while but I felt with my last post, My Blogging Journey, it was only fitting that I followed on with this post about the things I'd like to improve on my blog.

Sweet Allure : Ways In Which I Want To Improve Sweet Allure.

First of all I'd like to go over a couple of things I'm really proud of around here and that is my content. I try really really hard to come up with original content for my blog, I like to stand out from the crowd and offer something a little bit different from the 'norm'. If I write a beauty review I always try to take a different twist on it, like with my 'to highlight or not to highlight' post and it's something I'm really proud of. Although this does mean from time to time content is delayed, as I'd rather wait and put out something I'm happy with, rather than churning it out for the sake of it, I do think when you come here you can find something a little different.

However the main downfall and probably my big weakness around here is my photography. I love photography but I just don't have the best equipment available to me at the moment to really give my blog that extra oomph. I am actively working on this behind the scenes, I'm squirrelling away money so that come the black Friday sales, I can buy myself a proper camera, some lenses and some blogging lights. This means I'll have everything I need to experiment and hopefully take my blog up a notch, plus it also means I'll have to go shopping for loads of blogging accessories, and this makes me very excited! A prime example is the photo on this blog post, why is it so blue!? Ugh.

The next concern I have with my blog at the minute is my schedule, I've blabbed on about it constantly but since starting my Etsy Shop I've been so crazy busy that I've had no real spare time to work on my blog, but this is something I'm really working on and I'm determined to get back to a 3 posts a week schedule. I didn't realise how much I missed writing until I made a return this past week or two and I'm excited to really get back into it. I've got plenty of things to talk about over the next few weeks, although do be warned, the week or two coming up to my wedding will be pretty sporadic on my blog, but that's pretty understandable!

Then lastly, I want to make much more of an effort to interact with people. I do try to reply to everything I get on twitter but I've been pretty useless at replying to blog comments. I ran a poll recently and a lot of people said they check back or expect a reply to blog comments, which I was quite surprised by, but it is something I've thought about since and will try to improve on. I find it hard to know when a blog comment needs a response? I'm sure I don't feel alone in this and I'd rather be honest with you guys, so this is me saying I will make more of an effort on that front!


I guess now I've told you guys about all of this I kind of have to stick to it? Balls.


7 comments on "Ways In Which I Want To Improve Sweet Allure."
  1. I think your photography looks great! But its understandable that you want it to be the best that it can be :) I would really love to invest in some blogging lights as well. And to answer your question- I think every blog comment deserves a response! Even if its just a 'thanks for reading!' The way I look at it if someone takes the time out to read and comment on my post the least I can do is let them know I appreciate their commenting :)

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! Thank you for your kind words about my photography, I do need to seriously invest in some lighting now that autumn is coming around! I am really going to try and reply to all my comments from now on! :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm the same as you, I struggle very much with taking photos and hate not having proper equipment. However I think the photo you used above is great! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I would have thought as someone who is quite creative that photography would be easy for me but i really struggle with it, i dont think i'm very patient! xx

      Delete
  3. It's really hard making time for everything! I always forget about blog comments and replies so this is a target of mine as well. I do love how easy it is to read your posts and like the layout which is fun and clean.

    I hope you get the chance to improve your photography, I've been trying to do the same and know how hard it is when you don't have the right equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to this post, especially the photography but! I think your photos are fab, but I feel the same as you that mine need improving. I too am in the process of saving up for a new camera right now, and I'm super close which is exciting! :D
    Ashton xx

    @ashtongibbs | Beauty, Books and Babble

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging is hard! Don't beat yourself up about not replying to comments, or not sticking to a schedule. Other things get in the way sometimes, and that's okay. That being said, if you love something, as you do blogging I'm guessing, then you've got to make time for it. I don't think there's anything wrong with your photography, it's better than mine! But great, if you want to improve a skill. And as for replying to blog comments. I don't know if there's an etiquette, but I always try to reply to mine, even if it's just to say "Thank you! xx" or something like that. Sometimes it takes me a week or a month to reply to comments, though. They are way down on my list of priorities tbh! Good luck, hun. Just remember, we all love you and your blog!! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete