Top Social

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick.

Thursday 21 January 2016

If you caught my 'What I got for Christmas' post you will have seen I got a Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in the colour Amazing Grace from my lovely fiancé, which I was very happy about. I usually think quite hard about doing reviews on products, specially as I'm trying to be doing more 'meaningful' posts but I couldn't resist with this one, because once again I am suitably impressed with Charlotte Tilbury.



I picked out the colour I wanted after much deliberation looking at the website and swatches. I must say the swatches on the CT website are quite accurate, so I recommend you have a look if you are thinking about buying something. 

Lets just mentioned the packaging right off the bat, because we all know how gorgeous it is and we all love it, so obviously no disappointment here, I would like to say that it has a good weight to it and the snap you get when you put the lid on is very satisfying. But that's enough of that!


The next thing I want to mention is the shape, this has a very different square flat tip which differs from the usual pointed rounded tip you usually get but I have to say that I find it much easier to apply.

Then onto the good stuff...formula. Now I've struggled with Matte lipsticks in the past, they can be quite hard to apply, drying on the lips and flaky, but this is the complete opposite. It's very moisturising, so not drying at all, very easy to apply, it glides quite easily on the lips and isn't flaky at all. The pigment is great, this colour is quite bright so I kind of dab it on my lips and rub it into place with my finger but go over with another layer for more of a colour pop.




The colour is very beautiful, it's hard to explain fully but the colour isn't like a huge BAM in your face colour, its muted down but still very bright colour, it's almost like getting the colour and putting a slight blur on it, yep that was a totally weird way to describe a lipstick colour, but I'm rolling with it.



The smell is quite sweet smelling, it reminds me of the MAC scent, so if you like a sweeter smelling product this is nice, however if you don't like sweet smelling lipsticks the smell doesn't stick around when on the lips that much, so you'll only smell it when you put it on, so you might be able to cope with that.

Then finally, it's not tested on animals which is always a good thing. This is my go-to luxury cruelty free brand every time..specially at £23 a lipstick...eek! But I honestly think it's worth every penny. 


If any of you are wondering if I'm planning on getting another.. I am and I think im going to pick up the colour Sexy Sienna when I lift my own spending ban which is more a muted pink rather than a coral colour...so give it a couple of month for that review...


Let me know if you are planning on getting any CT products as I would love to know what you get!!

Post Comment
Post a Comment