Top Social

Sunday Sit Down.

Sunday 8 November 2015
I've been thinking about doing a more casual post for awhile, just to let you folks know what I've been up to on the blog and in my personal life. Some weeks I have a lot going on and others are fairly standard but I can guarantee I've always got something either going on or rushing through my mind.
 


Blog

Lets start with blogging things. I started my blog as a creative outlet outside of work, I honestly thought I wouldn't stick to this blogging lark and would give up pretty quickly however I've been going since May. I originally thought I'd just blog about beauty things but I soon realised I sucked at make-up and that I have plenty of other interests I wanted to write about, so for the last few months I've been blogging about fashion, travel, food, geeky stuff, cameras and skin care, the list goes on.

After a few months into blogging I decided to try go cruelty free, this was never really something I thought about before but since doing a little research I decide to try it. I'm not perfect, I still have the things I bought and are using up and I'm still trying to find brands and things that I can use. It's difficult starting out but I'm getting there and I feel much better about it. It's just great to think that I've helped out some little animals somewhere and haven't put them through suffering for the sake of my vanity.

In the past month my blogger opportunities have opened up a little, I've met some great new people which I have entirely to thank for these opportunities as they've allowed me to tag along and get involved in things. I've been to a couple of events, one of which was The City Girls event, which I shall be doing a post about very soon, which is a great chance to meet brands and other bloggers and it's made me realise how excited I am about going forward with my blog.

I've been making more effort to go out and try new things, go new places, try new food and I have my blog to thank for that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life

As some of you probably know, Nick and I bought out first home in July and have started getting things sorted and trying to make it more like 'home'. This is a process that will be ongoing but we've been buying some new pieces, deciding layouts and doing general DIY, which makes me very happy. I'm crazy interested in interiors and having my own home to do what I want to, makes me very excited and I can't wait to get things properly done so we can really start enjoying living in it. We recently had our boiler fixed so we finally have heating and you wouldn't believe how much it makes me now want to spend time in the house, being warm really is something you don't appreciate until it's gone!

Over the past couple of months I've cut out dairy and attempting to take out gluten. I am doing this due to health reasons, I've been bloated, tired, miserable and uncomfortable for a long time and I've found cutting these things out have really helped me feel normal again. My skins has cleared up, I don't feel like I have a balloon in my belly and I'm feeling way more normal. I'm not 100% there yet, changing up your diet is pretty hard at first but I'm taking more time to eat healthier and generally be more interested in what I eat. I love pizza, it's pretty much my favourite thing, but I've got around that by making my own from scratch and being able to control the ingredients really makes me feel healthier. 

Then lastly I've been really trying to do more recently. I'm a terrible control freak and get really scared when things move out of my comfort zone but I've been spurred on recently to say yes more. I've decided after almost 10 years since passing my driving license to get back on the road and re-learn to drive. I've said yes to a bunch of events I normally would have been way too shy to attend and as a result have made some great new friends, which makes everything entirely worth it as I've really struggled to make friends in Sheffield since moving here almost 3 years ago.

So things are looking up in my little world. I  have plenty of things upcoming in the next 2 months, lots of exciting events and trips and of course, blog posts. I'm going to try and continue the Sunday Sit Down post every week, so we can just have a good old catch up over a cuppa.

Speaking of which, I should probably go put the kettle on!

Post Comment
Post a Comment