Top Social

Food: The Forum Sheffield

Tuesday 3 November 2015
Last week I was very kindly invited to The Forum in Sheffield to try out some of their new cocktail and food menu, I'd been here before for drinks in the evenings but had never eaten here so I was pretty excited about tasting the food.

Warning: This post will cause you to have a serious case of the munchies!


After we arrived we were given a gorgeous cocktail called a Orange Blossom Crusta,which tasted bubbly and orangey with a flamed orange peel in it which was a great way to start the evening off!


After supping our cocktails and having a chin wag we were given a little introduction to the new menu by the chef. He was very passionate about the new menu and the Asian inspired dishes they'd added, which happens to be one of my favourite types of food, so we had a great idea of the new things they'd added to the menu and we were all very much looking forward to trying them out!

For starters we tried Spicy Srirach Hummus with pita, Baby Back Ribs and A blue cheese dip with  bread (I'm not a blue cheese fan but it tasted nice!) and I have to say the hummus and ribs were amazing, I could have eaten them all night!



After this we were given a choice of mini beef and pork belly burgers, I opted to try the slow roasted pork belly which was oh so very tasty, melt in your mouth with plenty of flavour, this was one of my favourites, I would defo re-order this.



For the mains we tried our first vegetarian option with some lovely Soy Glazed Tofu Skewers, I'd never tried Tofu before and was pleasantly surprised by the skewers! I'm even tempted to cook the occasional Tofu dish myself now!


We also got to try the Pork Tomahawk Chop flavoured with sweet soy, ginger and came with roasted vine ripened tomatoes, very tasty dish and was huge, would fill you up no doubt.


Then my next favourite thing was the Crispy Cod Pakora, a battered cod with pak choi, really great fish dish, easy to pick up and eat with your hands!


Then lets move on the my favourite thing in the world, DESSERTS.
We got to try the Deep Fried Korean Ice Cream Sandwich, this tasted just like a doughnut with ice cream which was one of my favourite dishes for the night, I can see myself ordering this and fighting over every spoon with my fiancé! My favourite ice cream was the coconut one, it was very refreshing and light, although the banana and peanut butter and chocolate ice-cream were just as divine!


I have to say I was really impressed with the whole menu, there were things I will defo be going back to show off to my fiancé, as he loves things hot and spicy!


All things on the menu are available right now for your eating pleasure and really are great value for money, I can honestly see myself eating here again. They have a great choice and the slow roasted pork belly was just beautiful, even the mocktail they gave me tasted amazing, I could have ordered 7 more... :)





6 comments on "Food: The Forum Sheffield"
  1. I've been here before for drinks but never for food, it all looks super duper yummy!!
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. x o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly loved the food, would highly recommend! :) x

      Delete
  2. Those pork belly steamed buns look amazing! As do the cocktails!!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this looks so delicious :)
    http://lovelyattitude.com
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude

    ReplyDelete