Top Social

Charlotte Tilbury First Impressions.

Sunday 6 September 2015
If you read my birthday haul you'd know I got my first couple of make up items from Charlotte Tilbury after wanting them for SO long. I was lucky enough to pick out 2 pieces I wanted from the collection to start off with, so I wanted to give you my first impressions of the items after they the brand gets so much hype.




The first item I picked was the Eyes To Mesmerise in the colour Jean. This little pot contains an eye shadow in a champagne goldy glittery colour that is inspired by Marilyn Monroe. I picked this colour because I have blue eyes and wanted something flattering but simple, as I'm useless with eye make up so this seemed simple enough to use all over the lid.


Firstly the formula is super moussey/creamy and applies so easily to the skin, it doesn't need working into the skin loads and you need hardly any product at all. The colour is crazy pigmented and super flattering on my blue eyes without being really in your face, it really does just help brighten the eye area up and dress up daily make up.

This was the tiniest amount swept across my hand, that pigment!

This product has made me really excited about trying more eye shadows out, I've even been wearing a little defining colour in my crease to give a little depth to the new found eye look and loving it. They do last quite well on the lid even without a primer (I need to pick one up now!) so I imagine a couple of patted on layers with a primer would give you a really bright gold colour on the lid.


The second piece I chose was The Classic Eyeliner in Sophia which is a powder eye liner pencil in a soft brown colour with gold glittery pigments in it. This item has change my eye game for the better. This pencil glides on so easy, doesn't snag at all and is really build-able, so can be used just to give a little definition to the eye or really built up to give a dramatic cat eye.


I use this to define my eye but then smudge it out slightly by just pressing the tip of my finger along the line I've drawn and then I use this in my tight line (the top lid 'water line') to give my eye some definition but isn't super obvious. Then with a trusty layer of mascara my eye is lovely and defined and almost smoky looking. I've been focusing on lips so much over the summer maybe autumn winter is time to focus on my eyes.

If you look closely at the liner you can see the little specks of gold!

I've been seriously impressed with these Charlotte Tilbury products, they are so easy to use, really blend-able and subtle, really pigmented and just so beautiful. I've been so impressed I've already made my own purchase of the new Magic Foundation which was released very recently, so keep your eyes peeled for a review of that.

Let me know if you pick up something from CT and if you have any recommendations for me!

Tarnya
xx
6 comments on "Charlotte Tilbury First Impressions. "
  1. I swatched the cream shadows the other week and added them to my ever-growing wish list, Jean looks gorgeous!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stunning, seriously, I want all of them! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness that cream eyeshadow looks so pretty! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the eyes to mesmerise range, I picked up the shade Bette - looks incredible on blue eyes, you should definitely try it! x

    Deliciously-floral.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to pick that one up as my next cream shadow! the others look too dark for me I think! xx

      Delete